The BC Open EdTech Collaborative maintains a sandbox server running an application called Sandstorm.
Sandstorm is a self-hosted suite of open source web applications designed to take some of the complexity out of running web based open source applications.
With a Sandstorm account, you can quickly install and test out any of the over 60 open source web applications hosted in Sandstorm. Some of the applications available on Sandstorm include:
- Etherpad – a Google Docs like collaborative document editing platform
- Davros – a Dropbox like file storage and sharing application
- GitLab – a Github like code repository
- Framadate – a Doodle availability poll tool
- Tiny RSS – RSS Reader
- EtherDraw – collaborative drawing tool
And numerous other applications and tools.
To access Sandstorm, visit the BC Open EdTech Collaborative site at opened.ca/sandstorm.