Guide on the Side is an open source application developed by the University of Arizona. The purpose of the application is to create web based tutorials that guide users through a website.
Here is an example of Guide on the Side being used as a Wikipedia tutorial.
October 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017
- Phase 1: Initiation (September 2016)
- Participating institutions are found.
- Initial meeting to determine scope of sandbox project.
- Phase 2: Setup (Oct 1-31, 2016)
- BCcampus setups shared technology platform.
- Communication channels are established.
- Institutions identify internal participants to test.
- User accounts are created.
- Phase 3: Play (Nov 1, 2016 – April 1, 2017)
- Institutions test application.
- Phase 4: Closure (by April 30 2017)
- Final report on testing is completed & submitted to BCcampus.
- BCcampus publishes final reports from institutions.
- Assets are removed from application and application is shut down.
- Next steps are determined.
|Debra Flewelling (initiator)||Douglas|
- Guide on the Side website from University of Arizona
- Guide on the Side Google Group
- Guide on the Side LibGuide from University of Vermont
Presentation by Graham Sherrif at the University of Vermont comparing Guide on the Side to LibWizard.